Subscribe to your Google Calendar
You can subscribe to your calendar posted on Google Calendar. An Internet Calendar Subscription keeps your Outlook copy of your Google Calendar updated. Outlook periodically checks the Google Calendar for updates, and if any are found, they are downloaded to the calendar copy in Outlook.
- Log on to your Google Calendar account.
- In the left column, under Calendars, click the arrow button next to the calendar that you want to add to Outlook as an Internet Calendar Subscription.
- Select Calendar settings.
- Next to Calendar Address, click ICAL.
- Select the Internet Web address that appears, and then copy the selected text to the clipboard by pressing command-C (ctrl-C on Windows).
NOTE Do not click the link. If you click the link, the calendar will be opened in Outlook as a Calendar Snapshot which is not updated.
- In Outlook, select the Calendars tab, and right-click on Other Calendars.
- Select Add Calendar -> Internet Calendar.
- Paste the Internet Web address you copied in step 5, by pressing command-V (ctrl-V in Windows).
- Click Add.
- A window will appear asking if you want to keep it updated. Click Yes
NOTE To make changes to your Google calendar, you must use Google Calendar. Changes made in Outlook are not sent to your Google Calendar.